Who are we?
The Green Blue (www.thegreenblue.org.uk) is the joint environmental programme created and funded by British Marine and the Royal Yachting Association to promote the sustainable use of coastal and inland waters by recreational boating.
As a boating community we have an important role to play in helping to protect and safeguard the waters, wildlife and habitats which we rely on for our enjoyment, wellbeing and livelihoods.
Our aim is “to inspire, inform and enable sustainable recreational boating for cleaner, healthier waters” by raising awareness of key environmental issues and sustainable boating best practice through providing information, resources, outreach and advice.
What are we doing at SIBS?
- TGB Stand (J202 – Ocean Hall)
- Meet The Green Blue team for information and advice on sustainable boating such as boating around wildlife, water pollution prevention, electric propulsion, antifouling, invasive species prevention and sustainable anchoring and moorings.
- Discover sustainable marine products from The Green Blue’s Business Directory, many of which will be on display including ropes and sportwear made from recycled plastic waste, eco-friendly cleaning products and bilge filters to extract oil and microplastics when pumping out.
- Get interactive by taking part in a ‘Seed Bagging’ activity where you get to replicate the important work we are doing to reseed our seabed with seagrass meadows as part of the LIFE ReMEDIES Project aiming to restore and conserve seabed habitats in UK waters.
- The Green Blue Educational Displays
As you make your way around the show, see if you can spot The Green Blue’s sustainable boating top tips on display in each show zone.
- SIBS Sustainable Exhibitors:
As you visit exhibitors around the show you may notice some will be displaying their ‘Exhibitor Sustainability Pledge’ [link to pledge webpage on SIBS website] plaque, presented to them by The Green Blue for contributing to sustainability and raising awareness of the environment.
- Talks & Events
The Green Blue will be presenting on the Foredeck Stage and elsewhere throughout the show. For full details, watch out for the environmental Talks and Events to be published shortly