The Dazcat 1295 is a family cruising boat that sails well enough to win races. It’s the refined product of over 30 years design and engineering experience and is for those who love sailing. At 42.5 feet (12.79m) and a length to waterline beam ratio of 13-1 but still weighing-in at just 5.25 tonnes, the Dazcat 1295 is a truly comfortable and elegant family cruiser that has been optimised for performance.
Strength, speed, safety, comfort and ease of sailing inform the design and build choices. Everything about the boat is geared towards making your time on board as easy and simple as possible including when shorthanded and provides all the comfort you need both when sailing and at anchor.
Here at Dazcat we focus on benefits – everything has a reason and everything that is not there is superfluous. So, for example, below deck Dazcats bare their beautiful naked skin to eliminate weight, squeaks, maintenance, cost, sharp corners and other general impracticalities when it comes to actually sailing and enjoying your boat. We want you to spend more time enjoying.
Dazcats are built by sailors for sailors, and they do always make you smile. Here are just some of the possible reasons why:
– They are unique, rare and often the prettiest boat at anchor
– Best power to weight ratio
– Light wind performance reduces need to motor
– Secure cockpit
– Twin helm stations give commanding and clear views of the whole boat including bows and sterns.
– All lines and controls lead back to the helm stations reducing need to go forward and making short, or single-handed sailing safe and possible.
– Centralised weight supports heightened performance and comfort of ride.
– Helm is highly responsive to the slightest rudder input.
– Shallow draft and beachable.
– Rigid bimini neatly accommodates large solar array and enables safe, easy access to the boom and mainsail.
– Comfort of ride both above and below decks.
– Clean, comfortable and modern interior architecture.
– Saloon layout maximises the communal living space.
– The expansive galley gives 360 views inside and outside the boat, allowing the chef of the moment to interact with other crew and what’s happening on deck. It has extensive storage and its placement in the boat means you can cook up a feast no matter what’s going on with the sea conditions.
– Digital aircon can be linked to the large lithium bank.
– Electric and hybrid options available.
– Generator free sailing.
– Ease of below deck access to the main systems.
– Customisable to owner preference
We currently have a 1295 in build that will be ready for delivery in 2022.
WEIGHT – lightship: 5250kg
WEIGHT – max loaded: 7500kg
MAIN SAIL AREA: 65m2
JIB AREA: 35m2
CONSTRUCTION: PVC / Glass / Carbon
HEADROOM HULLS: 2m
HEADROOM BRIDGE DECK: 1.95m
FOILS: Twin carbon dagger boards
AUXILIARY POWER: 2 x 21hp inboard
RCD: CAT A
BUILDER: Multimarine Manufacturing Ltd
Cost: £650,000 ex VAT