TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE FIRST DAY OF WINTER COMPETITION
1. The prizes are 10 pairs of tickets to Southampton Boat Show 2019 (together the “Prizes”, each pair individually a “Prize”)
2. Entry will open as of 8:30am on 1 December 2018 closing at 5pm on 11 December 2018.
3. The promoter of this competition is Southampton International Boat Show Limited, company number 01247541, with its registered office at Tagus House, 9 Ocean Way, Southampton SO14 3TJ
4. Enter by commenting “#WINter” on Southampton Boat Show’s official Facebook, Twitter or Instagram page posts about this competition as directed in the relevant post. Any entries which do not state “#WINter” will not be counted. Entries must be received before 4:59pm on 11 December 2018 (no purchase is necessary).
5. Entry is open to any UK residents aged 18 or over, except the employees and family members of the Promoter or those of its group companies.
6. No winner can select an alternative prize. The Promoter, , reserves the right to substitute any Prize with an alternative prize of equal or greater value or to offer a cash alternative.
7. Entry is limited to one entry per Facebook or Instagram or Twitter account.
8. The Promoter will be in no way liable for any failure or inability to contact any entrant via the entrant’s Facebook/Twitter/Instagram (as applicable) account through which an entry is submitted, or any other circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter or otherwise.
9. The draws to determine the winners of the competition will take place around 5pm on 12 December 2018. The winners will be announced on Southampton Boat Show’s official Facebook page (the “Website”) as soon as possible. The winners will be selected at random and will each win a Prize. The selection of the winners will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into by the Promoter in respect of any decision made. If a winner does not confirm acceptance within 24 hours, or cannot be contacted, their Prize will revert to the next drawn and so on. If a winner wishes to reject a Prize in favour of giving it back to the Promoter to re-raffle or auction, he/she may do so.
10.Regardless of whether the Promoter has been successfully able to contact a winner, a winner must communicate to the Promoter his/her acceptance of the Prize to the Promoter within 24 hours of being contacted via message by the promoter via the method such winner has entered with. If the winner fails to do so, their Prize will be forfeited and will revert to the next drawn entry under clause 9.
11.The Promoter shall be entitled to delay the draw at any time.
12.By taking part in the competition, entrants agree to participate in publicity at the Promoter’s request if they are a winner of the competition. Winners agree that the Promoter (or any third party nominated by the Promoter) may in its sole discretion use their (and if applicable their companion’s) name and image and their comments relating to the Prize and their experience in perpetuity for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid.
13.Winners of the competition agree that the Promoter may list their names on the Website and may publish or announce their names elsewhere, as the Promoter determines in its sole discretion. Winners further agreethat their name will be made available to any individual requesting the name of the winning entrants.
14.All personal data provided by entrants to the Promoter in connection with a competition entry will be used by the Promoter, its employees, suppliers (including but not limited to the Donor), contractors and agents to process the competition, and (if applicable) to inform them of their winning entry and to distribute their Prize.
15.The name of the winners is available on request to the Promoter, enclosing a stamped self-addressed envelope, directed to: Southampton Boat Show, First Day of Winter Giveaway, Marine House, Thorpe Lea Road, Egham, Surrey, TW20 8BF.
16.The Promoter accepts no liability for errors or omissions contained within the Prize details or any other part of the Website. It is the responsibility of the winner to satisfy him/herself as to the accuracy of any such details and/or any content of the Website relating to the winner of the competition.
17.The Promoter reserves the right: 1) to disqualify any persons whose conduct is contrary to the spirit of the rules or the intention of the competition and to declare as void any or all claims or entries resulting from any printing or production errors; 2) to add or to waive any rules on reasonable notice; and 3) to cancel the competition at any stage in the event of circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
18.Once a winner has accepted the Prize the Promoter will arrange for their Prize, in the form of electronic tickets, to be sent to the winner upon general release of tickets for entry to Southampton Boat Show 2019 (the “Show”).
19.Prizes must be redeemed during the Show and are subject to additional terms and conditions for Show tickets, which are available at https://southamptonboatshow.com/Visiting/Terms-and-Conditions and are also available on request at the Show entrance.
20.If any provision or part-provision of these terms and conditions is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable. If such modification is not possible, the relevant provision or part-provision shall be deemed deleted. Any modification to or deletion of a provision or part-provision under this clause shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of these terms and conditions.
21.The Promoter shall not be liable to any winner in respect of any losses, costs, expenses incurred as a result of the Promoter’s inability to make the Prize available.
22.The Promoter shall not be liable for any costs, losses or expenses incurred by an entrant in connection with this competition, unless required by law.
23.These Terms & Conditions shall be construed in accordance with English law and the parties hereby submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.