Friday, 23rd September
About the Day
Clubs and Associations Day is an opportunity for those Clubs and Associations within the Marine Sector to showcase their ventures and allow those who may not have engaged with an association before to get involved and connect with others with a similar interest. The Foredeck Stage will have a session from 16:15 – 18:00 where associations will be showcasing themselves in 10 minute segments and there will be an opportunity to engage post discussion if they wish.
Associations taking the stage will include, Gerolds Cross Sailing Association, Royal Thames Yacht Club, Nicholson 21 Association, Hunter Association, Twister Association, Royal Dart Yacht Club, Dufour Association and Nicholson 31 Association.
Programme for the Day
Talks from the Foredeck Stage
- 11:00 – 11:30 ‘The stress-free way to cast off and come alongside’ by Duncan Wells, author of the popular Stress-Free sailing books – he will also be offering demonstrations off his berth in the marina at M157 for you to see this in action on the water!
- 11:30 – 12:00 ‘Channel crossing paperwork procedures and experience’ by Bob Garrett of The Cruising Association, on hand to answer any questions and explain changes to the channel crossing procedures which have come into force.
- 12:00 – 12:30 Buying a Boat Q&A Session with British Marine industry experts
- 12:30 – 13:00 Sustainable Facilities for Clubs, Training Centres and Marine Businesses with Phil Horton, RYA Sustainability Manager in association with The Green Blue.
- 13:00 – 14:00 ‘Satellites to frying pans – navigating using alternative means!’ by Stokey Woodall, an ocean sailor and author who has navigated over 300,000 nautical miles
- 14:00 – 15:00 ‘The importance of a survey without x-ray vision’, by Ben Sutcliffe-Davies industry expert and marine surveyor
- 15:00 – 15:45 ‘Choosing the right boat for you!’ by Tom Cunliffe, Yachtmaster Instructor and journalist
- 15:45 – 16:15 ‘Flotilla Sailing Holidays – How a million UK people became enthused about sailing in the Greek Island Sun.’ by Barry Nielsen, Owner and Director of Sailing Holidays Limited
- 16:15 – 18:00 Meet the Associations – An exciting opportunity to get to know the various associations which support the Marine Sector – some of whom are exhibiting at the show.