GENERAL TICKET PURCHASES
These apply to Standard, RYA Promotional, Hospitality and Gift Tickets. In circumstances where there is a conflict between the terms and conditions relating to General Ticket Purchases, RYA Promotional Tickets, Hospitality Tickets and Gift Tickets Purchases, the precedence shall be as follows:
- Gift Tickets Purchases (where applicable);
- RYA Promotional Tickets (where applicable);
- Hospitality Ticket Purchases (where applicable)
- General Ticket Purchases
- The organiser is Southampton International Boat Show Limited (company number 01247541, Marine House, Thorpe Lea Road, Egham, Surrey, TW20 8BF), its employees, staff, agents, advisors and representatives (the “Organiser”).
- The show is the Southampton International Boat Show 2019 powered by Borrow A Boat (the “Show”).
- All tickets prices, discounts, offers and promotions are subject to availability and may be amended without notice. Ticket prices are as stated on the Show website.
- Visitors will not be allowed admission to the Show without a valid ticket.
- Presentation of the ticket for Show admission constitutes acceptance of the terms and conditions upon which the Organiser is prepared to grant entry.
- Upon exit from the Show visitors will not be re-admitted.
- A ticket is valid for one admission only (unless expressly stated by us). Removal of the stub or any alteration may invalidate the ticket.
- Tickets containing mistakes cannot be rectified on presentation of the tickets at the Show.
- No children under the age of 16 years will be admitted access to the Show (even with a valid ticket) without any accompanying adult.
- Up to two children 15 years and under can gain access to the Show with every standard adult ticket presented. Additional children tickets may be purchased in advance.
- All children entering the Show must have a ticket.
- A ticket obtained in contravention of these terms and conditions, or which in the Organiser’s reasonable opinion is being used, or is intended to be used, in contravention of these terms and conditions, shall be void. All rights conferred or evidenced by such a ticket shall be nullified.
- For public safety the Organiser reserves the right and ultimate discretion to refuse admission to or to eject visitors to the Show or with respect to Show attractions in reasonable circumstances (for example taking health and safety, environmental and security concerns into account), and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of customers. Customers should note that they may be refused entry or ejected from the venue on account of being (or appearing to be) abusive, threatening, or drunken, declining to be searched, carrying offensive weapons or illegal substances or for any other anti-social behaviour. Determination of such shall be at the discretion of the Organiser.
- Each customer admitted to the Show enters the Show at their own risk.
Promotional & Discounted Tickets
- Promotional or discounted tickets cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Tickets shall not be used for any promotion, advertising, fundraising, auction, raffle or other similar commercial or non-commercial purpose including, but not limited to, being awarded as a prize (or part of) without the consent of the Organiser.
Refunds, Exchange, Transfer or Resale
- All tickets remain the property of the Organiser.
- No refunds are available on tickets.
- Tickets cannot be exchanged, or transferred, nor may they be resold for commercial gain.
- Any replacement of lost, damaged or stolen tickets remains at the discretion of the Organiser.
Right to Cancel, Defer, Rearrange or Amend
- The Organiser reserves the right to defer, rearrange, amend or cancel the Show in whole or in part or any of its attractions at any time without obligation to refund or exchange tickets.
- If for any reason the Organiser cannot offer you any feature or attraction at the time or date specified, it will endeavour to offer you a suitable alternative time and/or date during the Show, but it will not be obliged to do so.
- Possession of a ticket does not confer any rights (by implication or otherwise) on you to use, alter, copy or otherwise deal with any of the symbols, trademarks, logos and/or intellectual property appearing on the ticket.
- Visitors may be filmed and/or recorded for broadcast (which may be live), marketing, Show promotion or security purposes during the Show.
- Other than for private or domestic use, any ticket holder attending the Show shall not record, use or transmit over the internet, radio, television or any other current or future media, any sound, image, recording or description of the Show without first obtaining explicit written consent from the Organiser.
- The distribution of leaflets or any other advertising material or the sale of articles anywhere within the Show premises is strictly forbidden without prior written permission from the Organiser; who reserves the right at its absolute discretion to confiscate such articles for infringement of this condition and to eject any individuals who have been doing so.
- Ambush marketing is strictly prohibited, and anyone caught carrying out such an activity will be evicted from the Show and potentially be subject to prosecution.
- You must not breach or infringe the rights of any sponsors, suppliers, broadcasters, exhibitors or other parties commercially associated to the Show.
- Alcohol is only served to those customers aged 18 years and over. Proof of age may be requested at the time of serving alcohol.
- Alcohol shall only be consumed in the designated areas.
- Illegal substances will not be tolerated, and the Organiser reserves the right to remove any visitor from the Show if the Organiser believes that they are either carrying or using any illegal substances and the Organiser may report such visitors to the police.
- Animals shall not be permitted to the Show except for dogs.
- All damage to property, accidents and injuries incurred at the Show must be reported to the Organiser immediately in accordance with Show health and safety procedures.
- The Organiser reserves the right at all times to refuse or restrict the use of any facilities and to eject any person refusing to comply with these conditions, or who the Organiser reasonably believes to behave inappropriately in any way, cause damage or annoyance to any other persons or property.
- A transaction fee of £1.99 will apply to each individual booking transaction.
- The Organiser reserves the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time.
Limitation of Liability
- Except for any liability for:
- i) death or personal injury caused by our negligence; or
- ii) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- iii) any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by law;
the Organiser will not be liable, whether in contract, tort (including but not limited to negligence or breach of statutory duty) for:
- iv) any damage to property, accidents or injuries incurred at the Show.
- v) financial or other responsibility for: 1) any loss or liability incurred by the public at the Show, which arises or may arise as a result of contracts entered into by visitors with any exhibitor or for any advice sought or obtained from any exhibitor; or 2) any loss or damage to personal property brought into the Show.
- vi) any indirect, special or consequential losses, including, but not limited to: i) loss of profits; ii) loss of revenue; iii) loss of contracts; iv) loss of data; or v) loss of goodwill.
- Subject to the above, the Organiser’s total aggregate liability (whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise) is limited to the purchase price of the tickets that you purchased, or £50 (whichever is the greater).
- These terms do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
- These terms and conditions contained in clauses 1 to 48 constitute the entire agreement between the Organiser and any customer and neither party shall have any claim or remedy in respect of any statement, representation, warranty or undertaking, made by or on behalf of any other party in relation to these terms and conditions which is not already set out in these terms and conditions.
- If any provision or part-provision of these terms and conditions is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable. If such modification is not possible, the relevant provision or part-provision shall be deemed deleted. Any modification to or deletion of a provision or part-provision under this clause shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of these terms and conditions.
- For all ticket queries please call SEE Tickets on 0870 264 3333.
Governing Law & Jurisdiction
- The purchase of any Show Ticket shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction to the English courts.
GIFT TICKET PURCHASES – Save where stated, these apply to Gift Ticket Purchases only.
- Gift Vouchers must be exchanged for an entry ticket to enable access to the Show. Visitors will not be allowed admission to the Show without a valid ticket.
- The recipient of the Gift Voucher must redeem their voucher using the Show website to obtain entry ticket to the Show.
- Vouchers are only valid for the Show and cannot be exchanged for cash, or transferred, nor may they be resold for commercial gain.
- Vouchers cannot be exchanged for Show products or retail items.
RYA PROMOTIONAL TICKETS – these apply to RYA Promotional Tickets only
- RYA Members are entitled to one free Standard ticket to the Show.
- No transaction fee applies to free tickets.
- Subsequent tickets up to a maximum of 5 per RYA Member can be purchased at a discounted rate of £13.50 (“Discounted” ticket), after which the standard advance rate will prevail. A transaction fee of £1.99 will be applied to all purchased tickets (whether at the discounted rate of £13.00 or otherwise), which shall apply per transaction and not per ticket.
- Free and Discounted tickets will also be valid on the Show dates of 13th September to 22nd September 2019.
- Purchasing and/or presentation of a ticket (whether free or Discounted) for Show admission is subject to the terms and conditions for i) General Ticket Purchases and ii) RYA Promotional Tickets. In the event of a conflict between these terms, the precedence shall be: i) RYA Promotional Tickets terms and conditions; and ii) General Ticket Purchases terms and conditions.
- Tickets will not be sent by post. Tickets will be sent via email attachment and must be printed and provided at the Show on the day of intended admission.
- Tickets are valid for one admission only. Upon exit from the Show visitors will not be re-admitted.
- Free ticket offer is available whilst stocks last.
- This offer is not available on the gate.
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Tickets (whether free or purchased) cannot be exchanged, or transferred, nor may they be resold for commercial gain.
- The face value of the free ticket is £0.00.
HOSPITALITY EXPERIENCE TICKETS – These apply to Hospitality Experience Tickets only.
- The purchase of a Hospitality Ticket is subject to terms and conditions for:
- i) Gift Tickets (where applicable);
- ii) General Ticket Purchases;
- iii) Hospitality Experience Tickets; and
- iv) those terms outlined on the Power Boat Experience Form and Sail Boat Experience Form (together the “Experience Forms”) which must be validly submitted on the day of attendance to gain access to the Power Boat Experience or Sail Boat Experience as applicable.
In the event of a conflict between these terms, the precedence shall be: i) Gift Ticket Purchases terms and conditions (where applicable); ii) Experience Forms; iii) Hospitality Experience Tickets terms and conditions; and iv) General Ticket Purchases terms and conditions.
- A Hospitality Ticket shall be valid for one day only and shall only be redeemable on the time and date to which it relates.
- Each Hospitality Ticket permits one-person entry to the Show; no concessions are available, and children must hold a valid ticket.
- The ticket holder must ensure that they retain their ticket stub following entry to the Show which must be shown to board the pre-booked Power Boat Experience or Sail Boat Experience.
- The lapel badge does not constitute valid proof of ticket purchase and cannot be used to gain entry to the Show, the Power Boat Experience, Sail Boat Experience or the Hospitality Lounge.
- To take part in the Power Boat Experience or Sail Boat Experience a valid Experience Form must be submitted validly on the day of attendance to gain access to the Power Boat Experience or Sail Boat Experience as applicable.
Hospitality Lounge and Power Boat and Sail Boat Experiences
- Proof of a valid ticket and lapel badge entitles the holder to entrance to the Hospitality Lounge where they will receive light refreshments which, depending on the ticket purchased and time of attendance, may include morning tea, coffee and pastries; hot lunch; afternoon tea and cake. All refreshments are subject to availability and provided on a first come, first served basis. Any additional refreshments may be purchased from the private bar within the Hospitality Lounge at the Hospitality ticket holder’s own cost.
- Please note that the Hospitality Lounge is accessible by steps only, and boarding the Power Boat Experience and Sail Boat Experience may also require using steps. Should you have any difficulty please inform us preferably prior to booking your Hospitality Experience ticket(s), or prior to arrival so that the Organiser can make alternative arrangements if possible. Contact the Show Organisers on 01784 223651, or during the Show between the dates 13th to 22nd September 2019 please call 02380 222900.
- All participants of the Power Boat Experience and Sail Boat Experience must wear a properly fitted buoyancy aid and comply with any advice, instruction or direction from the Organiser at all times whilst undertaking the Power Boat Experience or Sail Boat Experience.
- Participants of the Power Boat Experience and Sail Boat Experience must notify the Organiser at the time of booking of any medical condition that in the participant’s opinion could be affected by taking part in the Power Boat Experience or Sail Boat Experience (e.g. advanced pregnancy, back complaints, heart conditions).
- Children under the age of 8 years are not permitted on the Power Boat Experience or Sail Boat Experience. All children aged 9-15 years must be accompanied by an adult.
- The Organiser reserves the right to refuse any booking or access to the Power Boat Experience and Sail Boat Experience on medical or safety grounds.
- Participation of the Power Boat Experience and Sail Boat Experience may involve strenuous physical activity, flashing lights and cold water. The Organisers cannot guarantee the tidal conditions and participants may encounter some bumpy or uneven tidal conditions during the experience.
- No animals are permitted in the Hospitality Lounge or on any of the boats used for the Power Boat Experience and Sail Boat Experience.
- No alcohol is to be taken or consumed during the Power Boat Experience and Sail Boat Experience or consumed in excess prior to boarding either Experience. Due to the danger caused by people under the influence of alcohol or drugs to other guests and our crew, the Organiser will not admit anyone reasonably suspected to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Determination of such shall be at the discretion of the Organiser.
- All Participants must wear suitable footwear during the Power Boat Experience and Sail Boat Experience; meaning flat, soft soled, non-marking shoes or trainers.
- The Organiser reserves the right to defer, rearrange, amend or cancel the Power Boat Experience and Sail Boat Experience at any time. If for any reason beyond its reasonable control the Organiser cannot offer you the Power Boat Experience or Sail Boat Experience at the time or date specified, it will endeavour to offer you a suitable alternative time within the duration of the Show, but it is not obliged to do this and no refunds are available in the event that it is not able to offer you a suitable alternative.