GENERAL TICKET PURCHASES
These terms and conditions apply to Standard Tickets, RYA Promotional Tickets and Hospitality Tickets. In circumstances where there is a conflict between the terms and conditions relating to General Ticket Purchases and those applying to RYA Promotional Tickets or Hospitality Tickets, the precedence shall be as follows:
- RYA Promotional Tickets (where applicable);
- General Ticket Purchases
- Hospitality Ticket Purchases
- The organiser is Southampton International Boat Show Limited (company number 01247541, Marine House, Thorpe Lea Road, Egham, Surrey, TW20 8BF), its employees, staff, agents, advisors and representatives (the “Organiser”).
- The show is the Southampton International Boat Show 2021 (the “Show”).
- All tickets prices, discounts, offers and promotions are subject to availability and may be amended by the Organiser without notice. Ticket prices are as stated on the Show website as well as the website of our ticket provider SeeTickets.
- Visitors will not be allowed admission to the Show without a valid ticket.
- Presentation of the ticket for Show admission constitutes acceptance of the terms and conditions upon which the Organiser is prepared to grant entry.
- Upon exit from the Show visitors will not be re-admitted.
- A ticket is valid for one admission only (unless expressly stated by the Organiser). Removal of the stub or any alteration may invalidate the ticket.
- Tickets containing mistakes cannot be rectified on presentation of the tickets at the Show.
- No children under the age of 16 years will be admitted access to the Show (even with a valid ticket) without an accompanying adult.
- Up to two children aged 15 years and under can gain access to the Show with every standard adult ticket presented. Additional child tickets may be purchased in advance.
- All children entering the Show must have a ticket.
- A ticket obtained in contravention of these terms and conditions, or which in the Organiser’s reasonable opinion is being used, or is intended to be used, in contravention of these terms and conditions, shall be void. All rights conferred or evidenced by such a ticket shall be nullified.
- For public safety the Organiser reserves the right and ultimate discretion to refuse admission to or to eject visitors to the Show or with respect to Show attractions in reasonable circumstances (for example taking health and safety, environmental and security concerns into account), and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of visitors. Visitors should note that they may be refused entry or ejected from the venue on account of being (or appearing to be) abusive, threatening, or drunken, declining to be searched, carrying offensive weapons or illegal substances or for any other anti-social behaviour. Determination of such shall be at the discretion of the Organiser.
- Each visitor admitted to the Show enters the Show at their own risk.
- A visitor will be required to provide evidence of a negative COVID-19 test result prior to entering the show. The test result must be from a test carried out no earlier than 48 hours before the visitor’s proposed entry to the Show. The Organiser will provide reasonable notice to visitors should this advice change.
- Should a visitor be unable to provide evidence of a negative COVID-19 test result they will not be permitted entry to the Show. A visitor who is unable to attend the Show because of a positive COVID-19 test result may be entitled to a refund of their ticket price subject to them providing the Organiser with sufficient evidence of their positive test result (which may include a copy of the test ID number together with any other supporting evidence requested by the Organiser).
- Any visitor who is unable to provide evidence of a negative COVID-19 test result or who returns a positive test result will not be permitted to purchase or attempt to purchase a ticket to the Show for any alternative dates.
- During the Show, any visitor that experiences symptoms of COVID-19 should report them immediately to Show staff who will then provide directions to the medical centre. The location of the medical centre can also be obtained on the Show website and the Show map.
- The Organiser reserves the right to introduce any further reasonable health and safety measures or conditions of entry to the Show which it deems necessary or to comply with the requirements or guidance of local or national government or similar public bodies.
Promotional & Discounted Tickets
- Promotional or discounted tickets cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Tickets shall not be used for any promotion, advertising, fundraising, auction, raffle or other similar commercial or non-commercial purpose including, but not limited to, being awarded as a prize (or part of) without the consent of the Organiser.
Refunds, Exchange, Transfer or Resale
- All tickets remain the property of the Organiser.
- Tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase unless the Show is cancelled, in which case you will be offered Tickets at any rescheduled Show (subject to availability) or you will be able to request a refund subject to the provisions of these terms. Any refund requests should be made in writing to email@example.com and within 28 days of the cancellation notice. For the avoidance of doubt, any refund request made after this date will not be accepted and once the 28 day time period has elapsed Tickets will then only be eligible for exchange at any rescheduled Show (subject to availability). In the event that you accept a Ticket to a rescheduled Show you will not, at a later date, be entitled to claim a refund in respect of the cancelled Show. Please note: refunds exclude the transaction and/or booking fee, Ticket Plan Refund Protection cost and tickets that have already been scanned.
- Except as provided for above, in clause 25 tickets cannot be exchanged, or transferred, nor may they be resold for commercial gain.
- Any replacement of lost, damaged or stolen tickets remains at the discretion of the Organiser.
Right to Cancel, Defer, Rearrange or Amend
- The Organiser reserves the right to defer, rearrange, amend or cancel the Show in whole or in part or any of its attractions at any time without obligation to refund or exchange tickets.
- If for any reason the Organiser cannot offer you any feature or attraction at the time or date specified, it will endeavour to offer you a suitable alternative time and/or date during the Show, but it will not be obliged to do so.
- Possession of a ticket does not confer any rights (by implication or otherwise) on you to use, alter, copy or otherwise deal with any of the symbols, trademarks, logos and/or intellectual property appearing on the ticket.
- Visitors may be filmed and/or recorded for broadcast (which may be live), marketing, Show promotion or security purposes during the Show.
- Other than for private or domestic use, any ticket holder attending the Show shall not record, use or transmit over the internet, radio, television or any other current or future media, any sound, image, recording or description of the Show without first obtaining explicit written consent from the Organiser.
- The distribution of leaflets or any other advertising material or the sale of articles anywhere within the Show premises is strictly forbidden without prior written permission from the Organiser; who reserves the right at its absolute discretion to confiscate such articles for infringement of this condition and to eject any individuals who have been doing so.
- Ambush marketing is strictly prohibited, and anyone caught carrying out such an activity will be evicted from the Show and potentially be subject to prosecution.
- You must not breach or infringe the rights of any sponsors, suppliers, broadcasters, exhibitors or other parties commercially associated to the Show.
- Alcohol is only served to those customers aged 18 years and over. Proof of age may be requested at the time of serving alcohol.
- Alcohol shall only be consumed in the designated areas.
- Illegal substances will not be tolerated, and the Organiser reserves the right to remove any visitor from the Show if the Organiser believes that they are either carrying or using any illegal substances and the Organiser may report such visitors to the police.
- Animals shall not be permitted to the Show except for dogs.
- All damage to property, accidents and injuries incurred at the Show must be reported to the Organiser immediately in accordance with Show health and safety procedures.
- The Organiser reserves the right at all times to refuse or restrict the use of any facilities and to eject any person refusing to comply with these conditions, or who the Organiser reasonably believes to behave inappropriately in any way, cause damage or annoyance to any other persons or property.
- A transaction fee of £1.99 will apply to each individual booking transaction.
- The Organiser reserves the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time.
Limitation of Liability
- Except for any liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by our negligence; or
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by law;
the Organiser will not be liable, whether in contract, tort (including but not limited to negligence or breach of statutory duty) for:
- any damage to property, accidents or injuries incurred at the Show.
- financial or other responsibility for: 1) any loss or liability incurred by the public at the Show, which arises or may arise as a result of contracts entered into by visitors with any exhibitor or for any advice sought or obtained from any exhibitor; or 2) any loss or damage to personal property brought into the Show.
- any indirect, special or consequential losses, including, but not limited to: i) loss of profits; ii) loss of revenue; iii) loss of contracts; iv) loss of data; or v) loss of goodwill.
- Subject to the above, the Organiser’s total aggregate liability (whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise) is limited to the purchase price of the tickets that you purchased, or £50 (whichever is the greater).
- These terms do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
- These terms and conditions (including any terms specifically attributable to RYA Promotional Tickets or Hospitality Tickets) constitute the entire agreement between the Organiser and any customer and neither party shall have any claim or remedy in respect of any statement, representation, warranty or undertaking, made by or on behalf of any other party in relation to these terms and conditions which is not already set out in these terms and conditions.
- If any provision or part-provision of these terms and conditions is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable. If such modification is not possible, the relevant provision or part-provision shall be deemed deleted. Any modification to or deletion of a provision or part-provision under this clause shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of these terms and conditions.
- For all ticket queries please, contact Seetickets customer services here
Governing Law & Jurisdiction
- The purchase of any Show Ticket and any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with Show Tickets or attendance at the Show shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales. The parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction to the English courts.
RYA PROMOTIONAL TICKETS – these apply to RYA Promotional Tickets only
- RYA Members are entitled to one free Standard ticket to the Show.
- No transaction fee applies to free tickets.
- Subsequent tickets up to a maximum of 1 per RYA Member can be purchased at a discounted rate of £21.20 (“Discounted Ticket”), after which the standard advance rate will prevail. A transaction fee of £1.99 will be applied to all purchased tickets (whether at the discounted rate of £21.20 or otherwise), which shall apply per transaction and not per ticket.
- Free and Discounted Tickets will also be valid on the Show dates of 10th September to 19th September 2021.
- Purchasing and/or presentation of a ticket (whether free or a Discounted Ticket) for Show admission is subject to the terms and conditions for i) General Ticket Purchases and ii) RYA Promotional Tickets. In the event of a conflict between these terms, the precedence shall be: i) RYA Promotional Tickets terms and conditions; and ii) General Ticket Purchases terms and conditions.
- All RYA Promotional Tickets will not be sent by post. RYA Promotional Tickets will be sent via email attachment and must either be printed or presented on a mobile device and provided at the Show on the day of intended admission.
- RYA Promotional Tickets are valid for one admission only. Upon exit from the Show visitors will not be re-admitted.
- Free ticket offer is available whilst stocks last.
- This offer is not available on the gate.
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- RYA Promotional Tickets (whether free or purchased) cannot be exchanged, or transferred, nor may they be resold for commercial gain.
- The face value of the free ticket is £0.00.
HOSPITALITY EXPERIENCE TICKETS – These apply to Hospitality Experience Tickets only.
- The purchase of a Hospitality Experience Ticket (hereafter referred to as a “Hospitality Ticket”) is subject to terms and conditions for:
- General Ticket Purchases;
- Hospitality Tickets; and
- those terms outlined on the Power Boat Experience Form and RIB Experience Form (together the “Experience Forms”) which must be validly submitted on the day of attendance to gain access to the Power Boat Experience or RIB Experience as applicable.
In the event of a conflict between these terms, the precedence shall be: i) Experience Forms; ii) Hospitality Experience Tickets terms and conditions; and iii) General Ticket Purchases terms and conditions.
- A Hospitality Ticket shall be valid for one day only and shall only be redeemable on the time and date to which it relates.
- Each Hospitality Ticket permits one-person entry to the Show; no concessions are available, and children must hold a valid ticket.
- The ticket holder must ensure that they retain their ticket stub following entry to the Show which must be shown to board the pre-booked Power Boat Experience or RIB Experience.
- The lapel badge does not constitute valid proof of ticket purchase and cannot be used to gain entry to the Show, the Power Boat Experience or RIB Experience
- To take part in the Power Boat Experience or RIB Experience a valid Experience Form must be submitted validly on the day of attendance to gain access to the Power Boat Experience or RIB Experience as applicable.
Hospitality Lounge and Power Boat and RIB Experiences
- Proof of a valid ticket and lapel badge entitles the holder to entrance to the Hospitality Lounge where they will receive a glass of prosecco (subject to being over 18) and other light refreshments which, depending on the ticket purchased and time of attendance, may include morning tea, coffee and pastries; a la carte lunch; afternoon tea and cake. All refreshments are subject to availability and provided on a first come, first served basis. Any additional refreshments may be purchased from the private bar within the Hospitality Lounge at the Hospitality ticket holder’s own cost.
- Please note that the Hospitality Lounge is accessible by steps only, and boarding the Power Boat Experience and RIB Experience may also require using steps. Should you have any difficulty please inform us preferably prior to booking your Hospitality Experience ticket(s), or prior to arrival so that the Organiser can make alternative arrangements if possible. Contact the Show Organisers on firstname.lastname@example.org
- All participants of the Power Boat Experience and RIB Experience must wear a properly fitted buoyancy aid and comply with any advice, instruction or direction from the Organiser at all times whilst undertaking the Power Boat Experience or RIB Experience.
- Participants of the Power Boat Experience and RIB Experience must notify the Organiser at the time of booking of any medical condition that in the participant’s opinion could be affected by taking part in the Power Boat Experience or RIB Experience (e.g. advanced pregnancy, back complaints, heart conditions).
- All children aged 15 years and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- The Organiser reserves the right to refuse any booking or access to the Power Boat Experience and RIB Experience on medical or safety grounds.
- Participation of the Power Boat Experience and RIB Experience may involve strenuous physical activity, flashing lights and cold water. The Organisers cannot guarantee the tidal conditions and participants may encounter some bumpy or uneven tidal conditions during the experience.
- No animals, except for guide dogs, are permitted in the Hospitality Lounge or on any of the boats used for the Power Boat Experience and RIB Experience.
- No alcohol is to be taken or consumed during the Power Boat Experience and RIB Experience or consumed in excess prior to boarding either Experience. Due to the danger caused by people under the influence of alcohol or drugs to other guests and our crew, the Organiser will not admit anyone reasonably suspected to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Determination of such shall be at the discretion of the Organiser.
- All Participants must wear suitable footwear during the Power Boat Experience and RIB Experience; meaning flat, soft soled, non-marking shoes or trainers.
- The Organiser reserves the right to defer, rearrange, amend or cancel the Power Boat Experience and RIB Experience at any time. If for any reason beyond its reasonable control the Organiser cannot offer you the Power Boat Experience or RIB Experience at the time or date specified, it will endeavour to offer you a suitable alternative time within the duration of the Show, but it is not obliged to do this and no refunds are available in the event that it is not able to offer you a suitable alternative.